Saturday, July 24, 2010

WELCOME

So, I'm heading off to United States Marine Corp. bootcamp on Monday, July 26, 2010...

I realize that this may come as a surprise to some of you that have known me for some time, but recently it's become clear to me that I need to do something important with my life. Over the past few years, I've felt like that feather from the movie Forrest Gump that's blowing around in the wind. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I guess what I am looking for is some excitement, some adventure, and maybe a career.

Once I made the decision to join the military, I decided on the Marine Corps. because they are known for being the toughest and most bad ass of all the branches. Simple enough. At first I thought joining the reserves would satisfy my need for adventure, but after looking more into it, I didn't want to go through all that training just to come back to a job that really wasn't doing anything for me.

My MOS (military occupational speciality) is a 5 year contract for an infantry position with the option to try out for Reconnaissance. Working with the guys on the front line seemed like the best way for me to get into the action and make a difference in this war.

Regardless of what you may think about our government, our president, and our country's leaders, I hope that you will continue to support our troops overseas. This is a war that has to be fought and fought by those that still believe in democracy and freedom of choice.

Finally, I would like to thank my younger brother Dave for the inspiration. Semper Fidelis.

- C. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment