Monday, July 26, 2010

Arrival in Parris Island, SC

Chris made it to Parris Island, SC safely this evening. I received a very rushed and scripted phone call at about 10:15 pm. It went something like this..."This is Private Hughes. I have made it to Parris Island safely. You can expect to receive a letter from me in 7-9 days, and this will include my mailing address. Please do not send anything but letters.....Goodbye" There may have been some other things in there but I think I heard someone start yelling in the background and then Chris started talking really fast. I guess he wasn't willing to try his luck by saying anything like, "I love you babe" or "I can't wait to see you again". It's alright though... I think I heard a smile in his voice so at least he's enjoying himself. For now at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment